Tuesday 27 September 2011

Target Market

For my video it is apparent that I will obviously be looking at targeting the type of people who are into metal and rock, but who are these people? That's a very good question and I'm now going to explore them in detail.



This guy here is what one would consider a normal rock and metal fan, similar to myself and my peers, minus the biker gloves, this guy would walking down the street be considered a normal person. Notice his clothing is predominantly black, nearly all rock and metal fans wear black a considerable amount (I am while I am writing this actually). He is probably a university or sixth form student of high intelligence and enjoys expanding his music taste.  He will probably want to be either a high earning job and enjoy going to out with his mates regularly. This is roughly 1/6 of my target audience.



This girl (?) is an indication of what females who like Rock and Metal look like, Girls generally don't tend to like rock and metal music unless they choose to be very very different like this girl here, with her creative horns, mini dreadlocks, sharp pointed nails, vulgar spiro-graph style tattoos, neck brace/choker, Iron Maiden vest top and demonic expression make her the perfect example of a person I wouldn't want to be at a party with. She is probably been brought up in a family that has molded her into this form, usually types of people like her are found working in shops like Game Station, HMV and independent records shops, they might have to try and clean her up a bit first though. girls like her would also make up 1/6 of my target market.

This strange fellow here will make up the rest of my target market, he is the type of person that doesn't regularly wash and will attend as many music gigs as possible and enjoy getting beaten around in most pits, he will probably also be a massive fan of the band he's going to see and know most of the words to their songs. He also will like black and probably wear it religiously and will enjoy experimentation with new material, which suits my music choice thoroughly because The Beastie Boys are a rather different style of music that don't suit even the most hardcore metal taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment