Thursday 29 September 2011

Photoshop Editing

I have been editing an old photo on photo-shop to experiment with styles that I might be able to incorporate in to my product:



This is a photo of Tom in the dry brush technique style, I like how it makes makes the image more neat and tidier however it does have a big problem in that, it shows the light far more than normal and on the darkest setting Tom cannot be seen at all, which kinda defeats the object of having an image, it also to the untrained eye looks unedited.









This effect is called posters edge, I very much like this effect. It darkens and shows off Tom's eyes, It would make a good effect if I based the whole of my album front and back with a style like this. I would love to do a piece of work using a style like this.








Other than this showing massive resemblance to Aha's "Take On Me" video I very much like the style of the outline similar to the poster one above, I would however have to change the colour from Orange to a better more suitable colour, although I have to admit the orange does look very good on its own.








Clearly I would need a bit more practise and maybe several more lessons from my more photoshop savvy friends, but using this effect would make the picture look very similar to the Billy Idol album from the research, this might work with a specific album title but from my research rock and metal albums tend not to follow this unless it fits their style.




No comments:

Post a Comment